Tuesday, April 13

A very boyish card

My nephew broke his arm on the weekend and needed surgery. He's only 3 (almost a big 4) and thought he was superman flying off his bed!! I'm surprised it's not my son who had the first broken bone in the family lol....as he does the same thing and he's 2!

So being the boyish BOY my nephew is I made this card for him using this very boyish image from Digital Delights - isn't Rocketing Ridley just adorable!


I think it's come out very boyish and he'll love it, he's a no fuss type of little boy. So buttons were a must. I couldn't bling it up because he'd tell me that 'diamonds' are for girls lol! I actually coloured in the darker grey with a black water colour pencil and then blended it with my copic blender. It's come out quite well and almost scratchy looking which I quite liked!

I'm having issues with watermarks and whilst hubby almost has it under control (lol) and seeing as he's at work and I'm impatient :) I wanted to post this .......NOW! LOL. So I will add that the wonderful and talented Wendy Hall, creator of Digital Delights sent me this fabulous image to work with. I'm so grateful to be able to use her creations as they are always what I'm looking for! So thank you Wendy :) and I promise to have these 'issues' sorted asap!

Paper from My Minds Eye, ribbon and buttons from reject shop, bazzil cardstock, copics.

Have a great day!

No comments: